http://www.amazon.com/Tomato-Soup-Recipe-ebook/dp/B00C2EQ9Q6/ Click the link for Tomato Soup Recipe Ideas Top Dos & Don’ts for Tomato Soup Do use high qualit…
Video Rating: 0 / 5
Question by Misskmomo: I need help making soup!!! Please Help!!!?
I got signed up for this soup making contest, I want to do something differnt. Any ideas??? Can you give a recipe, of your favorite soup.
There really aren’t any rules, it just has to be soup any kind will do
Answer by joeschlobotnic
Why-the-Chicken-Crossed-the-Road Santa Fe-Tastic Tortilla Soup
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
* Vegetable or corn oil, for drizzling, plus 2 tablespoons — 2 turns of the pot in a slow stream
* 3 ears corn on the cob or 2 ears fresh-frozen cobs, defrosted
* 1 red bell pepper, split and seeded
* 1 pound chicken breast tenders
* 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 1/3 palm full
* 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/3 palm full
* Salt and pepper
* 1 small to medium zucchini, small dice
* 1 medium yellow skinned onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 to 2 chipotle in adobo peppers (medium to hot heat level), chopped — available in small cans in Mexican and Spanish food section of market
* 1 can stewed tomatoes, 28 ounces
* 1 can tomato sauce, 8 ounces
* 3 cups chicken stock, available in re-sealable paper containers on soup aisle
* 4 cups blue corn tortilla chips, broken up into large pieces
* 1 cup shredded cheddar or pepper Jack cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/4 red raw onion, chopped
* 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley leaves
* 1 ripe avocado, diced and dressed with the juice of 1/2 lemon
Heat a grill pan to high and a soup pot to medium high. Drizzle oil on corn and place on grill. Add red pepper to grill with corn. Char vegetables 10 minutes, total, turning occasionally. Remove to cool, 5 minutes. Remove charred skin from the pepper.
While vegetables cook, dice chicken. Add 2 tablespoons oil to hot soup pot. Add chicken to pot. Season with poultry seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper. Lightly brown chicken on each side. Add zucchini, onions and garlic and chipotle peppers. Cook vegetables with chicken 5 to 7 minutes to soften. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and stock. Bring soup to a bubble, reduce heat to medium low.
Scrape corn off cob and add to soup. Chop grilled red pepper and stir into soup. Add chips to soup in handfuls and fold in. Serve soup immediately with scatter of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Top with any or all of the suggested garnishes.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
This soup is made with fresh tomato, ripened by the sun on a farm we know and trust. The warmth of summer is captured in its sweet…
With Knorr everything tastes better….
The Tomato Cookbook: Tomato Recipes From Soup to Grilled is a collection of 28 tried and true family recipes for using up and pres…
Meeting government guidelines for health, the Healthy Choice brand is actually healthy. Just how healthy? Healthy Choice product…
A long-time favorite heirloom plum.
Large for a sauce tomato, Amish Paste’s slightly irregular plum-to strawberry shaped fruits a…