Peter Halikas, head chef, at Mankas Tapas and Steak House shows us a signature dish with local heirloom tomatoes. See more at http://www.mankassteakhouse.net.
Video Rating: 2 / 5
Question by dragon lady: Cornbread salad recipe WITHOUT ranch dressing?
My mother tried a cornbread salad that she swears didn’t use ranch dressing as a base. She thinks it was salsa. Does anyone have a recipe for cornbread salad that DOESN’T use a ranch-type dressing (no mayo)?
Answer by Katrina L
Here are a few different ideas for you:
Southwest Layered Cornbread Salad
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 cup salsa
* 2 medium (2 cups) tomatoes, seeded, chopped
* 1 small (1 cup) green bell pepper, chopped
* 1/2 cup chopped red onion
* 1 TBSP. chopped cilantro
* 4 cups crumbled cornbread
* 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
* 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
* 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained
* 8 ounces (2 cups) pepper-jack cheese, shredded
1. Combine sour cream and salsa in small bowl until mixed well; set aside
2. Combine tomatoes, green pepper, onion and cilantro in small bowl; set aside.3. Place 2 cups cornbread into 4-quart glass bowl. Top with half of corn, beans, black-eyed peas, cheese and tomato mixture. repeat layers with remaining cornbread, corn, beans, black-eyed peas and cheese. Spread sour cream mixture over cheese. Top with remaining tomato mixture. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 5 .
Tomato-Cornbread Salad with Avacado & Cilantro
* 5 cups 1/2-inch cubed cornbread made from an 8.5-ounce box mix
* 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, stemmed and cut into medium dice
* salt, to taste
* 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 large red onion, cut into small dice
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 ripe avocados cut into medium dice
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Adjust oven rack to center position and heat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Place cornbread cubes on a cookie sheet with a rim; bake until bread is dried out, about 30 minutes, then set aside to cool.
3. Salt the tomatoes, stir in the garlic and let stand until juicy, about 30 minutes.
4. Prepare remaining ingredients; toss with tomatoes. Add bread; toss. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Pasta, red peppers and seasoning. Participates in box tops for education program….
Outback Steakhouse ‘Salad’ with Lettuce, Onion, Tomatoes and Cuke, Lapel Pin…
Tomato Salad cuisine – US10 GJO0644 – Greg Johnston Mouse Pad is 8″ x 8″ x .25″ and is made of heavy-duty recycled rubber. Matte f…
We don’t fool with Mother Nature our products are exactly what they say they are absolutely nothing is added. We do not add fat, s…
Beefsteak…the king of the slicing tomatoes! Beefsteak tomato vegetable seeds produce juicy fruit of up to 2 pounds each! An old …
Farmer’s Market Green Apples Cotton Craft Fabric….
Find More Tomato Salad Articles